Monday, March 16, 2009

Katy might be able to keep her injured leg!



Another email from Alexandra in Venezuela:
"I have good news, I picked up Katy from the vet on Friday, the blood work is good, only the hemoglobin and hematocrit are a slighly low but given her condition that is normal. Yesterday, we took her to the traumatologist. He recommended to try to save Katy's leg because, in his opinion, she has high chances of regaining use of it. He prescribed cefalexin, rimadyl, maxibol (anabolic), and cleaning her paw twice daily. Her paw is a little bit less swollen.

She has very good appetite and is drinking lots of water. It will take some time to put some pounds on, but she has a wonderful disposition so I am very optimistic that she will recover very soon. She really wants to live, she lets me do anything to her. Even thought she is weak she is always happy wagging her tail, even if you just see her she wags her tail. With other dogs and cats, so far she seems indiferent. We are in apartment right now and she won't do anything unless I take her outside.

Attached are 2 pictures, the first one was on Friday at the vet and the second one today at my mom's apartment.

I am traveling to another city tomorrow for the spay/neuter clinic so I probably won't have access to internet until thursday. I will email you back then.

Hugs from Katy and me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment